Friday 13 January 2012

Banter And Spouting

Someone, aka 500-5000, with younger eyes than me, noticed that the Betfair Banter blog address had an extra 'w' in the 'www' piece of the address, wwhich does make a difference. Wwithout it, I wwas able to revieww the blog, and I am pleased to announce that the GAO board has approved its inclusion for the time being. One sure way of securing an approval is to mention one of Crystal Palace's finer moments in your opening post

losing £100 (quite a lot of money for me then) on Liverpool to beat Crystal Palace in the League Cup. They lost 2-0 at home and as a result I didn’t really gamble again for a few years.
Yes, Crystal Palace can do that to you.

Also trying the same strategy:
Lichfield is a distant memory, the city crashpad is presumably re-let to someone younger and trendier than I, and the locals now follow The Eagles rather than The Brewers
was an old blog with a new name - Yorkshireman in SE20, formerly know as Rob the Builder's Building's Up The Spout blog which was always, well usually, entertaining, if not always about betting and trading. It almost makes you wonder if there is more to life than this.

A couple of bloggers reported that there were issues with Betfair earlier today, "following their recent upgrade", except that I don't believe there was any upgrade made, just a relocation of servers to a new data-centre. Anyway, for all I usually care, Betfair can be down all it likes between the hours of 8am and 7pm on a weekday, and I wouldn't notice. The cynic in me wonders how much money the problems saved most people.

In a few minutes, there is a Lay The Draw selection going in-play, Celta de Vigo v Gimnastic from Spain's Segunda Division. The draw is currently available at 4.9, 5.0 if you're lucky. What? I'm supposed to be LAYING it?

No comments: