Tuesday 23 September 2008

NFL Rules

I traded last night's American Football, some on Betfair and some on BETDAQ. Although liquidity was significantly higher on Betfair, BETDAQ's wasn't too shabby. Unfortunately, the game was all over from a betting perspective for me by early in the second half, and as a trader I like close games with plenty of lead changes like last week's game.

I find the NFL one of the easiest games to trade. The market acts very predictably and it isn't difficult to lock in profits for no risk, (anyone who has watched these markets a few times should know what I mean). If you trade the game throughout, it's important to know the rules and be wary for flags. A turnover that is called back for a penalty and an automatic first down can be quite upsetting. Roll on next Sunday.

No comments: